Italy is known for its amazing pizzas. That is why we will be explaining you how to make a perfect, authentic Italian pizza. All of the ingredients can of course be purchased in our shop and E-shop.
To make the pizza dough for four pizzas, you will need the following ingredients:
· 600ml of lukewarm water
· 1kg of flour, type ‘’00’’
· 25g of fresh yeast OR 8 grams of dried yeast
· 6 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1,5 teaspoons of salt
· 2 teaspoons of sugar
For the toppings you could use whatever you like, however, the authentic toppings would be:
· Tomato sauce
· Mozzarella cheese
· Oregano or basil
· Olive oil
How to make your dough and pizza:
1. Put the yeast into a bowl together with the lukewarm water. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and sugar and pour this mixture onto a table along with almost all of the flour (leave a bit for step 7).
3. Knead everything together for 10 to 15 minutes until your dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Grease up a bowl with the olive oil and put the dough in there. Move the dough around so the top will be oiled a bit as well.
5. Cover the bowl with cling film and a kitchen cloth and put it aside for at least four hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
7. Take the dough out of the bowl and put it back onto a floured surface. Punch it down and make sure you get rid of any bubbles.
8. Roll the dough into four circles. You decide how thick you want the crust to be.
9. Add tomato sauce and brush the edges of the crust with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
10. After 10 minutes, you can add all of your ingredients and some mozzarella if you would like.
11. Bake your pizzas until the crust is brown (check the bottom too) and your cheese has melted.
And now your pizza is done! Buon appetito!