‘Pizzoccheri alla Valtellinese’ is a traditional recipe from Lombardia, north of Italy. It is one of the most famous dishes of the region and it is an IGP recognised recipe, known for its strong and rich texture.
Today we are going to share with you the authentic recipe, you can make it at home for a fabulous lunch or dinner. Even though this recipe has a great taste, it is very quick and easy to prepare. With our Pizzoccheri della Valtellina PGI – MOLINO TUDORI and this original recipe, you will feel like you are in north of Italy!
INGREDIENTS (4 people)
• 500 g Pizzoccheri della Valtellina PGI – MOLINO TUDORI
• 200 g cabbage (you could also use spinach if you like)
• 250 g potatoes
• 250 g Valtellina Casera DOP cheese or Fontina Cheese PDO
• 150 g grated Parmigiano reggiano
• 200 g butter
• 1 garlic
• Fresh black pepper
1. Start by cleaning the cabbage and chop it into small pieces. Then peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks.
2. When the veggies are ready, add them into a pot with boiling, salty water and wait for five minutes.
3. After that, add the Pizzoccheri della Valtellina PGI – MOLINO TUDORI and wait for other ten minutes.
4. Once everything is cooked, proceed by getting the Pizzoccheri and the veggies from the pot with a skimmer and add them into a medium size hot baking tray.
5. Make one layer of Pizzoccheri and veggies and then add some grated Parmigiano reggiano and some Valtellina Casera DOP cheese. Proceed by making the layers, alternating Pizzoccheri and cheese.
6. When the tray is filled, fry the butter into a pan with the garlic and wait until is well melted.
7. Put the melted butter on top of the Pizzoccheri.
8. Add some pepper and serve hot, without mixing.
That’s it, in a few, easy steps you are ready to enjoy this amazing traditional recipe! Try it now to experience a true taste of Italy, you won’t regret it!
ALTERNATIVE: if you would like to give to your Pizzoccheri a different flavour, you could also try this recipe with courgettes instead of potatoes and cabbage and add some sliced cooked Speck!!